Global Climate Change and Health
The environment (both home and physical) has a significant influence on health, as you saw in the readings and media presentations for this week. You also read about the ramifications of global climate change on health. For the purpose of this Assignment, consider the implications of global climate change on health now and in the future.
For this Assignment:
Write a 3- to 5-page paper that addresses the following:
- Describe two health care concerns related to global climate change.
- Topics could include increased exposure to vectors that transmit Zika, West Nile virus, or malaria; respiratory problems; food distribution problems due to drought or lack of water; or heat-related illness.
- Compare concerns in the United States related to these topics with one developed and one developing country.
- Describe health promotion/health protection strategies a nurse could implement.
- Support your ideas with references from the professional nursing literature.
Prior to submission, refer to the Week 5 Assignment Rubric.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignments below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
5. LENGTH: 1,500 to 1,750 words
1. Explain three ways in which new religious movements arise.
2. Identify four elements that are frequently found in the new religious movements and explain how each element appears to satisfy contemporary needs.
3. How has the women’s rights movement changed religion? Which religions seem to be the most changed and which the least?
4. Describe the change in attitude toward animals that seems to have been occurring in the past 150 years. How will this influence current religions?